Reflection: BSCS Climate Education Pathways Pilot-Introduction

 




Reflections Of My BSCS Climate Education  Pathways Pilot

My summers are always busy.  I had Professional Development scheduled the whole summer, in addition working my part time teaching job as well.  I attended Teacher Leader Summit, LIGO, and other PDs.  I was excited to participate in this pilot program for BSCS Climate  Education Pathways.  Our first virtual meeting was scheduled to happen soon, and I was looking forward to collaborating with other science educators from across the country.  I was the only science teacher from the state of Louisiana participating in this pilot.  I am grateful for being given this opportunity.  

I see this as another opportunity to reflect on my teaching practices.  S. Christian states that, “Self-reflection is when you seriously take time to think about your character and behavior, analyzing where it comes from, what it means to you, is ‘working’ for you, and what you can do about it.” (Christian, 2020) This blog post is part of my self-reflection of this experience.  I hope that sharing my experience will encourage and help other science educators around the world.

BSCS is known for their research driven textbooks, effective teaching strategies, developing education leaders, and studies that have changed the science education system.  For myself, I know them for their contributions to inquiry-based science learning that aligns to A Framework for K-12 Science Education: Practices, Crosscutting Concepts, and Core Ideas.  They are also known for their resources for science teaching and learning. For Example, OpenSciEd and BSCS Biology (they also have pilot).  I am excited to share my experience with BSCS Science Learning. This is a rewarding experience that includes high quality professional development and instructional coaching. 

Anchored Inquiry Learning

Lesson Types and Unit Structure



 

Comments

Popular Posts

NGSS Physical Science Facebook Group

NGSS Physical Science Facebook Group
Over 1200 members

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *