2021 -Reflection-Gorilla Glue Girl: Chemical Reactions and Bonding

Day 1   

 When my students seen this book for the first time their eyes got big.  I was prepping them for their periodic table exam.  They wanted to know if the book was their next project.  Probably so, I responded.  When they realized we were going to complete the book you can see the excitement.  I don't what it is about the gorilla glue girl phenomenon, the one child that never speaks in class has a voice.  My students took out their science notebooks.  We watched the phenomenon.  Then we proceeded to Notice and Wonder.  I allow my students to share out and I typed their questions in pinup tool.   Students then drew an initial model and participated in sticky note feedback.  After looking at their initial models and feedback.  I realized we needed to go over norms again for productive feedback. I made them do the feedback over again and it improved.

Video for Phenomenon

Initial Models



I realized I made an error with the glue so I recreated the worksheet.

The Class Consensus Model











The others are located in the pin up tool. 

Link to pinup tool

I can't remember what happened this day.  I do remember the internet was running slow. So 1st and 2nd Block testable questions are not posted. 

2nd Block

1st Block

4th Block

After receiving feedback from their peers, I let them revised their models.  We came together as a class and created our consensus model. We discussed relating phenomenon students came up with the following scenarios:  welding, lace front wigs, quick weaves, getting your nails done.  Then we generated testable questions 

Comments

Popular Posts

NGSS Physical Science Facebook Group

NGSS Physical Science Facebook Group
Over 1200 members

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *